As the Roll-Over Curtain systems open, the curtain material, instead of simply folding downwards, is rolled onto a pipe that rotates at the bottom of the curtain.
Roll-Over Curtain System
Roll-Over type curtain systems can be described as poly curtains that cover the sidewall ventilation openings on a livestock housing building when closed. When ventilation air is needed for temperature control & fresh air supply, the curtain can be opened from the top downwards to provide some, or more, opening as needed to let air into & through the building.
As Roll-Over type curtain systems open, the curtain material, instead of simply folding downwards, is rolled onto a pipe that rotates at the bottom of the curtain. The top mounted cable system, with spaced drop cables attached to the top of the curtain, lowers, or raises the curtain as needed to make opening size changes. This cable system is also attached to a rotating drum, or spool, at one end of the bottom pipe. This drum also connects to the bottom pipe by a universal joint equipped shaft to make this cable on/cable off operation and bottom rotating pipe a combined operation.
Roll-Over type curtains can therefore be kept in a taut and tidy manner, regardless of the opening position, for better appearance and potentially longer life than fold down only curtain systems.
- Support options are either wind pipe or wind rope.
- This type of system is very popular in the dairy sector.
- Works on a maximum 9’6” (2.9m) opening height and 200ft (61m) in length (over this size a split system is required).
- Sun-North is always testing new brackets and pulleys to ensure high quality and longevity.
- Can be operated manual or fully automatic with thermostat for comfort in your barn.