Natural Ventilation Controls
EDGE™ is a single platform that is versatile and intuitive allowing it to handle all control functions for your barn. The unique design makes EDGE the only controller on the market that can be configured to match your operation’s specific requirements and is flexible enough to be adapted to new or existing barns. The management of ventilation and indoor environments, lighting, nutrition and weighing systems is made easier with EDGE.
- Large, 15” colour touchscreen
- Easy navigation
- Real-time & site-wide status of entire operation
- Built-in self diagnositics
- Monitors electrical current to protect equipment & maintain performance
- Remote connectivity
- Control multiple barns from one EDGE control
- Rugged design performs in the toughest environments
- Easy access to manually control equipment
- LED temperature probe
Sun-North’s controls can give you peace of mind knowing that they will sense sudden temperature swings, strong winds, heavy rains and then adjust automatically.
The Tri-Star allows for integration of all of your ventilation components for complete control over your barn environment.
- Natural ventilation (8 zones of panels / curtains) (2 zones of chimneys)
- Proportional control without potentiometers
- Winter and summer settings
- Wind direction / speed and rain sensing is available with the weather package allowing the Tri-Star to control the ventilation with regards to real time weather systems
- 4 zones of fans can be set up for either tunnel or circulation
- 2 of these fan zones can be tied directly to Altra-Air fans
The Tri-Star is an expert dairy control that offers many options for controlling your barn ventilation in 1 easy to use package!
Sun-North Shepherd controls are state of the art electronic controls which are able to monitor many different regions of your animal facility. Shepherd controls will adjust individual sidewall panels and ridge outlets over the entirety of your building taking into account inside temperature and outside weather conditions and adjusting for swings in wind and rain directions.
All livestock buildings create micro climates (very noticeable areas of temperature differences). Shepherd controls will monitor and adjust for these areas of temperature difference.
Natural ventilation can save 65% of your energy cost (compared to all power and mechanical ventilation). Shepherd electronic controls will link to supplementary heating, cooling and humidity equipment and adjust accordingly.